Our commitment to you
An individual’s right to keep personal information private is highly important. We are committed to protecting and maintaining the privacy, accuracy and security of your personal information.
How we will collect your information
The information we collect will include personal details from which you can be identified. We will collect this information directly from you or via a form on this website. If we use other sources we will tell you what they are. If we do not obtain personal information, we may be unable to provide you with accommodation at Noosa Crest Resort & Apartments.
How we will use your information
We will limit the use of your personal information to:
- Conducting our business of providing accommodation and associated services and performing our internal administration and operations;
- Maintaining records for the proper administration of Noosa Crest Resort & Apartments.
- Advising you of matters which are relevant to your application to be offered a place, or your residency if you accept a place which is offered to you;
- Maintaining our relationship with you as a resident;
- Complying with legislative and regulatory requirements and otherwise fulfilling our legal obligations.
- We may use photos of residents from time to time for marketing material which may include you
Who will use your information
We will not share your personal information with any company or person, other than:
- The Owners of Noosa Crest Resort & Apartments;
- Noosa Crest Resort & Apartments employees, agents, contractors and external advisers, such as lawyers, auditors, accountants;
- Regulatory bodies; government agencies, law enforcement bodies, tribunals and courts as required by law;
Noosa Crest Resort & Apartments binds our employees, agents, contractors and external advisers and other organisations with which we deal to the same standard of confidentiality.
We only collect sensitive information about you with your consent. We will only use sensitive information which you choose to provide to us relating to your:
- Racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs or affiliations, and your dietary requirements;
- Health, if you are involved in a medical emergency.
Your information is secure
Your information may be stored in hardcopy or electronically in our systems. We maintain security over our paper and electronic data storage and premises, and computer and network security. We will not retain any of your information for any longer that it is required by us, except to fulfil our legal obligations. With your help we will keep your personal information accurate, complete and up to date.
You can access your information
You can access most of the personal information we hold about you and request corrections of updates.This right is subject to some exceptions – for example you may not obtain access to information relating to exciting or anticipated legal proceedings or which might threaten the privacy of others.We will promptly respond to any request for correction or updating of your personal information.
If you would like to gain access to or correct or update your personal information or you think we have failed to comply with the standards which are set out in this policy, please contact us.
Noosa Crest Resort & Apartments and the Owners are bound by the National Privacy Principles for the handling of personal information. To find out about the National Privacy Principles contact the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner.